"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! So far we've had a good one. (We have two more Christmases to go)! Jaden has received lots of new toys, which allowed me to put all of his old "baby" toys away... yay! He wasn't very good at opening the presents though... he never wanted to sit still long enough to do it! We spent Christmas morning just the three of us at our home so that we didn't have to rush to get anywhere. We then went to my parents' for brunch and presents. Mid-afternoon we headed to Aplington to Cody's parents. There was a cute moment when Jaden's cousin Ella, who is two and a half, sat down right next to Jaden on the floor and put her arm around him while we were watching a movie!


I got a special Christmas present from my boss. I took Wednesday off (Christmas Eve), and the company had planned to give us Christmas day and the day after off. However, on Wednesday my boss called me and told me that as a Christmas present the president of the company wanted to give all of the employees all of next week off, too -- completely paid! And we don't have to use any of our time-off days. I'm so excited!! A whole week off with nothing important to get done. I think I'm going to take Jaden to daycare one day just so that I can have a full day to myself.


Tomorrow we have Christmas with my mom's side of the family in Cedar Rapids. Then Sunday we have Christmas at Cody's grandma's in Allison. Two days in a row of nothing but Christmas... it'll be nice to be able to relax next week!