"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, December 21, 2008

the weekend

Well... we had a pretty low-key weekend. Friday night we went out with the family to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday (which was last week). Jaden had a great time and was very excited to be sitting at the table with everyone. He even tried some of the tomatoes from Mommy's salad. My dearest family let the Texas Roadhouse staff know it was my birthday... so I had to get on the saddle in front of the whole restaurant while they did the whole "yeehaww!" Oh well -- a memory made, I guess ;) Luckily there wasn't a camera there to catch the action.

Jaden continues to get older and older each day. He only napped once both days this weekend instead of his two naps a day we have been used to. This makes things rough once it starts getting dark as he starts getting cranky. But we still love going into his room after he's woken up because he's always so excited to play and we get such great smiles and giggles from him.

The snow and the weather kept us indoors pretty much the whole two days. Cody had to work Friday night and Saturday night to keep snow out of the parking lots. I spent a lot of time on Sunday vegging out and watching my Friends DVDs while Jaden napped. I also worked on our video camera and finally learned how to upload the videos onto my computer so I can share them with everyone. We don't have any recent footage (we will take some this week with Christmas and everything), but I thought I'd post video from months ago when Jaden was very little. Doesn't seem real that he was ever that tiny!

Here is a picture of Jaden anxiously waiting to get into his bath... he is such a little fishy!