"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Welcome to our blog!

I have decided to start blogging -- it seems our life as a family is never dull and boring so I want to keep all of you updated on the many happenings! I won't go back and try to bring everyone up to speed with everything that's happened in the last year. I will just start with today and try to update often!


Last night we decided it was time to no longer use the "baby" tub for Jaden. He had been trying to climb out of it lately and get into the "big" tub -- getting him to sit still was quite a challenge! So Cody went out and bought a Spongebob Square Pants bathtub mat so that Jaden wouldn't slip and slide on surface of the tub. We put him in there with his bath toys, and he was in heaven! He loves his new bath space -- so much room to move around in. I can't wait for this summer when we can put him in the pool... he will love it :) Also in recent bath events, Cody decided it would be fun to give him a mohawk -- I'm so glad he did because we got such a cute picture out of it!
In other news, we are getting very excited for this weekend. UNI football will be playing Richmond in the semi-finals in the Dome -- a win on Saturday, and we will be off to the National Championship next week! It was such a fun experience when we went three years ago -- I'm excited to have the chance to take Cody along for the ride this time. However, it will be the first time that I leave Jaden for more than a day so I'm a bit nervous about that. But we have to take it one step at a time... first we have to win on Saturday!
Jaden did something for the first time this morning when I dropped him off at daycare -- I set him down in Jami's living room (she is our sitter, and we love her!) -- he was content playing with the toys until I said goodbye and he saw me walk out of the room. He immediately started whining and stuck his bottom lip out in a pout. He didn't want me to leave! Normally when I drop him off he's perfectly happy and eager to play -- and also very happy when I pick him up at the end of the day -- so this reaction surprised me a bit! But I picked him up and put him in her high chair so she could feed him breakfast -- and then he was perfectly fine again.
I think that about does it for my first post... looking forward to a busy weekend of football and Christmas shopping. I think I'll have to spend my entire day Sunday out shopping as I have not done nearly enough at this point. We are very excited for Jaden's first Christmas, and we have our first family Christmas a week from sunday already... hard to believe!