"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Wonderful Week Off




Well I'm sad to say that today is my last day of vacation. It's been a great 12 days off, but we're back to reality tomorrow. I'm glad I had a lot of time with Jaden this week as he continues to do new things all the time. He has discovered how to open the drawers in the kitchen when he is standing up. Luckily he is not quite tall enough to actually be able to reach into the drawers -- but that will come in time. He is getting very good at actually "cruising" when he is standing up and holding onto things. Friday he discovered how to take his pants and socks off -- thankfully he hasn't done that since, but I'm sure as he gets older he will love to "strip" down for us! He also has started pulling my hair a lot. I try to tell him "no" but he continues to reach for it and pull on it as hard as he can. He also fell in love with the Pampers commercial that played over the holidays... it showed a bunch of babies sleeping while "Silent Night" was sung throughout the commercial. He loved looking at the sleeping babies on the TV! Jaden's stuffed horse is his favorite stuffed animal still... he kisses its nose every time he sees it and pulls the horse in for a hug. As of right now, it is the only thing he likes to kiss!








Cody and I made a pizza the other night with the Pizza Pizzaz, and Jaden just sat in the middle of the kitchen floor and watched it.