"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, February 6, 2009

Milestone Reached

Milk. It does a body good. It also does our pocket book good. Jaden is officially drinking milk -- and loving it. And this means we are no longer spending $$$$$$ on formula! After his one-year doctor's visit last Friday, we got the go-ahead to cut him from formula and give him milk at each meal. So Saturday morning, we pulled out the sippy-cup (which he was used to using because he had been drinking juice out of it for a while) - poured milk into it with his cereal - and he drank it like he'd been drinking it all along! That means no more mixing bottles, packing formula everywhere we go, having to wash lots of bottles throughout the day - wonderful! We do still give him his bottle at bed time to help him go to sleep -- we will wean him from that soon, too. He's not only drinking milk -- he is eating EVERYTHING. He had his first peanut butter & jelly sandwich last night. Jami fed him little bites of steak for lunch yesterday. He's had pizza and egg salad sandwich (Jami said he was the ONLY child at daycare to like their egg salad sandwich)! We also took him out to eat with the family last Saturday night, and he ate the chid's spaghetti plate, some of my dinner roll and french fries and some of Deanne's asparagus! He was a happy little boy with all of that yummy food.

Back to the topic of his one-year doctor's visit ---- he did very well. Weighed in at 26 lbs. 2 oz. and measured 32 inches long. He is definitely still at the top of his charts both weight and length. They gave him two shots -- one in each leg, and he barely wimpered. Then he had to get blood taken out of his finger, and he never even flinched! He was just facinated with the whole procedure and kept trying to grab the needle out of the nurses hands. Another nurse walked by and said, "What's going on -- why isn't he crying?!" He just sat there so patiently while the nurse kept squeezing the blood out of his finger. It was amazing. But not necessarily a good thing - he is like his daddy and will end up getting really hurt one day and won't tell us and we'll find out later that he's had a broken bone for a week!

Jaden also is getting very good at giving hugs. It's the best! Many times he crawls over to me while I am sititng on the floor and wraps his arms around my legs and lays his head in my lap. Last night when we got home, I had him on my lap as we were taking his coat off. He looked up at me, wrapped his arms around my chest, put his head on my shoulder and just squeezed me. Loved it! :)

He is so much fun, and I cannot wait to start taking him outside for new adventures!!