"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, March 6, 2009

Hugs and Kisses and Fist Pounds

Sorry it's been so long since I updated! There isn't a whole lot new. Jaden is a pro at giving Mommy and Daddy kisses now. Although sometimes it's more of a head-butt as he tries to lean in for one. Every once in a while he connects lips to face though! He loves giving us hugs at the end of the day --- and loves all of his soft stuffed animals. He really is just a very sweet and cuddly little boy. Lately I've been teaching him how to give me "fist pounds" rather than high-fives. He has caught on better to giving pounds than he has with high-fives. Whatever works :) He does "so big!" and "touchdown" -- although half the time he only throws one arm up rather than two... but again... whatever works :)

He still is not walking. He has taken a step here or there by himself, but he just flat out does NOT want to walk on his own. Whenever he realizes he's standing up without holding on to anything, he immediately sits down. I didn't walk until I was 18 months old... I hope he doesn't wait that long! He LOVES to eat. Cody and I can no longer snack or eat anything in front of him unless we share some with Jaden :) He absolutely loves pizza... got that from Mommy and Daddy, too ;) We had a rough week a couple of weeks ago. He had a little bit of a tummy bug and got two new big teeth in at the top. They still aren't completely through but they don't seem to be bothering him much anymore. Although the last two nights he hasn't been sleeping that great... so who knows. :)

Daycare is still going great. They got a new bunny for the daycare. Her name is Daisy, and Jaden LOVES her! Yesterday morning when I dropped him off, he went over to her and gave her a big kiss and rested his head down on her -- like I said, very sweet and cuddly little boy!

I have started researching toddler swimming pools to find one that I want to get for him. Wow are there some cool little pools out there -- I can't decide which one to get! We will definitely be getting one with a little slide in it. I can't wait to get him outside and swimming and swinging!

Cody and I have been looking for houses lately. It's a very stressful thing to be doing! We keep finding ones that we like parts of, but won't work for other reasons. Either they don't have basements, not enough bedrooms, need too much done to them, not good neighborhoods, etc. We're praying it will happen when it's meant to -- but I sure hope God doens't make us wait too long! I'm so tired of being in a two-bedroom apartment. I can't wait to have my own place that I can decorate how I want -- and more storage space!