"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Big Boy Bed and Baby Room

On New Year's Day Cody's parents came to town and helped us get things ready in the baby's room even more. My parents had helped me paint about a month ago, and on New Year's Cody and his dad put up the chair rail. We're still waiting on Jaden's bedroom furniture to get here, but his parents got us the mattress for it so when they were here, we were able to move the crib into the nursery, and Jaden spent his first night on his big boy mattress! I was completely prepared for this to be a rough transition with him fighting us every step of the way. But so far -- (knock on wood) -- he has been perfect! Once we put him to bed, he stays in bed and seems to sleep really really well. We can't believe how lucky we are with such an amazing little boy! I'm sure there will be nights where it isn't so easy or when he decides to become more strong willed.. but so far, we have had no issues at all. I'm anxious to get his full set of furniture so that I can start decorating it. Right now his room is just kind of blah while we wait to get his bedding and decor, etc.

Since we were able to move the crib into the nursery, I washed the baby's bedding and started organizing all the baby clothes in his closet, etc. I'm very excited to move the dresser in there so that I know exactly where I want to hang things on the walls, etc. Jaden likes to go into the room and look at the crib -- a couple of times he has wanted to get into it, but I think we're getting past that now, too.