"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Playing Possum

Jaden continues to do incredible in his new bed. I keep waiting for a bad night -- it hasn't happened yet. (I'm sure it will though)! It is funny to wake up to different sounds now though -- when he slept in his crib, we would wake up to his shrieks and talking and his yelling for Mama or Da-da. Now if he does wake up earlier, he just rolls out of bed and starts running around his room. There are some pillows in his room that are shaped like a football and baseball, but to him they are just regular balls - not pillows. So he loves to throw those around when he wakes up and is trapped in his room! I'm grateful he hasn't learned how to open the door yet on his own... that will be a new challenge!

Last night however, he was a little extra hyper when we put him to bed. So a few minutes after we'd left him in his room and Cody and I were in the living room, we heard a lot of noise coming from his room. I was almost positive he'd gotten out of bed so Cody went in to check on him. When Cody walked into his room, Jaden was lying on his tummy on his mattress with his head in the pillow and his eyes shut. Cody walked over closer to him and leaned over him for a little while. After a while of staring at Jaden, Jaden opened up one little eye, peeked at Cody from the corner of his eye and gave him a big smile as if to say - "Gotcha!" Cody just told him to go to sleep and walked out of his room laughing. There was complete silence after that :) I don't think Jaden had gotten out of his bed at all - I think he was just jumping or rolling around a bit. Stinker.

Jaden's other thing he does a lot lately is to say "I don't know" when he can't find something or doesn't know where something is. Usually it means he's looking for his blankie -- or he'll say it when we ask him a question about something such as, "Where's your shiny football??" We always get told - "I don't know!" And then when he finds it, we always hear "There it is!" But lately he's been taking his "I don't knows" to a new level. Like this morning. Cody had to be out moving snow very early so he wasn't at home when Jaden and I woke up and were getting ready for the day. After a while Jaden realized Cody wasn't there and started walking around the house shaking his head and saying, "I don't know Da-da! I don't know Da-da!" because he didn't know where Cody was :)