"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, May 3, 2010

2 Months old!


Brandon turned two months old yesterday... can't believe it! He had his doctor's visit today and is continuing to grow the way he should be. He weighed in at 12 lbs. 5 oz. and is 22 1/2 inches long. Kind of funny -- he is now just reaching the length that Jaden was when he was born! This puts Brandon in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. We had quite the time getting to the appointment. I had to go pick him up from daycare. He'd been sleeping so he hadn't eaten since 8:30 (almost three hours earlier) -- so of course when he got woken up to be put in the car seat he was immediately hungry -- and mad! On top of that, Jaden didn't understand why he was being left at daycare while Brandon was getting to leave with Mommy -- so Jaden threw a huge fit with big tear drops and all. I was running late already so I didn't have time to feed Brandon before getting in the car so he continued to cry the entire 15 minutes to the doctor's office. Luckily they got me in a room right away and I was able to feed him as soon as they weighed and measured him. As soon as he was done eating, he was all smiles again. Until the three shots they had to give him -- but a minute after getting the shots, he was fine. He is such a good baby. We are so blessed by how sweet he is. He is "talking" more and more and continues to smile every day. He still averages waking up twice a night... but last night he only got up once! He is the poster child for convincing me to have a third baby.... (I like to tell Cody this to scare him) ;) -- but working full time has convinced me to stop at two. It's already hard enough to get quality time with everyone in my family -- I think it'd be too hard on me to have a third. Brandon's newest "trick" is batting at the toys that hang in front of him on his bouncy seat. Up until this past weekend, he didn't really look at them or pay any attention to them, but this weekend he actually started smiling at them -- and even though he can't grasp them yet -- he has taken a swing at them a few times!

Jaden is definitely a full-blown two year old now. He has his moments of pure sweetness and his moments of pure terror! There are times where he does exactly what we ask him to -- and times where he stares at us and does the exact opposite of what he's being told. However, I continue to be grateful for his love for Brandon. Just this morning, he went over to Brandon's toy basket and brought out about five things and laid them on the floor next to Brandon. He even put Brandon's little keys on Brandon's tummy since Jaden is realizing that Brandon can't actually hold onto anything! We all know how Jaden is with food (LOVES TO EAT) -- but this morning he brought part of his breakfast bar to Brandon and tried offering it to him -- I can't believe he actually wanted to share his food! He never wants to share with Mommy or Daddy! Yesterday, he brought the pacifier to Brandon and put it in his mouth for him. So cute.

I love my boys!