"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, May 3, 2010

Back to Reality

Today was my first full day back at work. Here's how it went:
*Had to take Brandon to get his first round of shots (three of them).
*Got a negative report about Jaden from the babysitter when picking the boys up at the end of the day -- the first negative report I've ever gotten. Turns out he was very naughty all day. The highlight was him sitting on a smaller child. Yes - sitting on him.
*Jaden continued to throw tear filled fits after we got home. We finally discovered that the very last of his two year molars is coming in.
*Both boys are on Tylenol, and this mommy is taking lots of Zicam to try and fight off a cold she feels coming on.
*Cody completely forgot to show up at Brandon's doctor's appointment to help me with the whole shots ordeal -- even though he was reminded countless times over the weekend and just three hours before the actual appointment. (I'm a little tired of going to doctor's appointments by myself. Because Brandon was somewhat jaundice after he was born, I had to go to the doctor with him just three days after we were released from the hospital. Then I had to take him again when he was five weeks old because of a cold. So this was the third trip to the doctor in two months. Not to mention I've been to my own doctor three times since the c-section for follow ups and infections). I've had enough doctor visits!! :)

But everything's okay - because in between all of the tears, both boys were still able to show us their smiles. That's all that matters --- right?? :)