"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, May 17, 2010

Chatterbox Kids

Both of my boys started talking even more over the weekend. Jaden has been a talkative little guy for a long time now, but now he's REALLY talking -- starting to put more full sentences together and trying to have conversations. His newest favorite phrase is "what's that?" I think I answered that question a dozen times this morning!

Brandon was talking baby talk all day yesterday, and whenever he'd start cooing, I couldn't even think of walking away from him! He has his mommy wrapped very tightly around his little fingers, and I am trying to soak up every minute of it because I know from experience with Jaden that he will grow way too fast. I know that each new and fun phase will only last a split second, and he will be onto another new thing within the blink of an eye!

Another recent happening was Jaden wanting to sit on his potty. I was putting him to bed the other night, and as I was walking out of his room, he said, "poop!" I said, "Did you poop your pants?" He said, "yes." I went and peeked in his diaper, and there was nothing in there. (I did however smell that he had tooted!) I then said to him, "You didn't go poop, but do you have to go poop?" He replied, "yes - with book!" So we grabbed his book and went and sat on the potty. He was so proud of himself. He didn't actually have to go to the bathroom, but I think when he tooted he recognized the feeling of maybe having to go to the bathroom? He was treated with a chocolate teddy graham after he got up, and now that's the new deal. Whenever he sits on the potty like a big boy, he gets a "piece of chocolate." We haven't actually gotten him to go in the potty yet, but we are just excited that he's actually willing to try. Until recently he would kick and scream and cry big tears if we made him sit on there! I'm noticing though that this is going to be something that takes a lot of time and patience. Whenever he asks to sit on it, we have to let him and encourage him even though it could mean us standing around the bathroom for minutes at a time waiting for something to happen! I should mention also that his favorite book and movie right now is the Potty Time Elmo DVD and the Potty Time Elmo book he has. Whenever he wants to watch or read, he says "Potty Elmo??"