"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day/Anniversary

We enjoyed a pretty low-key Mother's Day. We took our time getting ready in the morning before going to the 10:30 church service. Cody, Jaden and Brandon gave me a card that Jaden had colored on. On the envelope to the card Jaden drew T.C.'s house (the Dome), a football and a dolphin (his stuffed dolphin, Flipper, is one of his new favorite things). ;) We then went to Park Place for a Mother's Day brunch... which is always wonderful.

Brandon smiling at Cody -- he always smiles big for his Daddy!

We had a big group - me, Cody, Jaden and Brandon, my mom and dad, Cody's parents and sister Cassi, our niece Ella, Cody's grandpa and grandma Don and Alda and his grandma Grayce.
Ella and Jaden always have a good time when they are together. I wasn't able to get any pictures of me with the two boys -- Jaden is nearly impossible to get to sit still for a picture right now! After the brunch, we went home and Jaden, Brandon and I enjoyed some nap time and a relaxing evening.
How cute is little Brandon??!!


Here is Jaden with Cody's dad and our neice Ella at Park Place.

Unfortunately, Jaden came down with a cold on Saturday -- I was kept awake last night with a scratchy/sore throat and stuffy nose, and this morning when he woke up, Brandon was coughing quite a bit. Ugh... here we go again... No matter how much I try and keep Jaden and Brandon separated when Jaden is sick, it doesn't ever seem to keep those darn germs from spreading! And I'm constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer! I wonder if someone will ever come up with a cure for the common cold???

Today is Cody and my second wedding anniversary. In those two years, we've had two kids, moved twice, started two new jobs, bought a house, etc. etc. I can hardly wait to see what the next year holds!!