"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, June 7, 2010

My favorite Brandon expression


I had to share this photo again. I've edited it a little bit, and I have to say it is one of my favorite pictures of Brandon -- because it conveys one of his expressions perfectly. No - he's not smiling in this picture. But I love it. Because this is the exact look that is on his face so often. This is the face we sometimes get when we're talking to him - like he's really trying to figure out what we're telling him. This is the face Jaden sometimes gets when Brandon is watching him run around the room doing whatever crazy thing Jaden is doing at that time - like Brandon is trying to figure out if he will ever be able to play like that one day. This is the face he gives the TV sometimes when he notices it - a look of facination and deep thinking. This is the face he often wears when we are sitting outside on a nice evening - like he's contemplating all the new colors around him and what they are. There is so much that his little mind is trying to figure out - so much for him to soak in every day. I love this face because it shows his innocense. So no, he's not smiling - but my heart melts every time I look at it. My hope is that as my little boys grow, they always keep that same sense of wonder that they have right now- that same bit of curiosity and joyfulness at the simplest things. As a mom, I hope that I can always teach them to value the little things that we tend to take for granted as we grow up.