"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, July 23, 2010

Fall Countdown :)

Some of you will find this crazy, but those of you who know me well won't be surprised. Let me preface this by saying that I have fallen in love with coupons -- and I love shopping online if we don't have certain stores in our area. So any place I might buy toys/baby clothes/house decor from -- I sign up for their email list so I can get their deals sent to my inbox. It's become quite exciting for me to check my email every morning because there's always a new "deal" that I get to shop around for. Anyways, in my inbox the last two days have been emails from Old Navy and the Children's Place about back to school clothes savings. As I was looking at their clothes, I was falling in love with the cute little sweatshirts, long sleeved tees and warm up pants that are starting to go on sale. And it made me super excited that it's almost FALL!!

My favorite time of year is almost here. I wish fall took up the largest chunk of the year rather than winter/summer. I hate extreme temps so fall and spring are my favorite seasons. But definitely fall above all. Here's what I'm excited for:
-Wearing sweatshirts and cotton shorts. My favorite comfy outfit.
-Being able to go for walks at night as a family without having sweat drip down our faces!
-Taking Jaden to the park without worrying about sweating
-The SMELL -- fall smells so good :) It smells like burning leaves, football games, fresh air
-Not having to run my air conditioning or my heat -- having the windows open!
-Being able to just sit outside comfortably at night while watching Jaden run around. He is so happy when he's outside, but lately with the temps. the way they have been, it's rather miserable to be outside for too long.
-Football games. Seriously. Nothing better than waking up on football Saturdays.
-Carving pumpkins :)
-Tailgating :)
-The coutdown to holiday season!!
-Watching the leaves on the trees change colors
-Figuring out what the boys will be for Halloween
-The way my mood picks up. :)

...That last one might sound funny. I definitely was meant to be a midwest girl. I think I would be very unhappy living in southern states -- or Florida or California. I LOVE the changing of the seasons. I need variety. And I hate being hot!! I'm so lucky I married Cody because he is the exact same way. For some reason, the milder temps just relax me. Some people live for summer and boating and swimming. I live for football games and 60 degree temperatures :) And Cody was just saying the other day how he can't wait for summer to be over. I guess it probably makes a difference that he and I both live and breathe football so life definitely gets more exciting during football season ;) Anyways... sorry if this depressed any of you summer lovers out there, but I'm too excited to not share my excitement!! :)