"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, July 15, 2010

FFF

I just needed to comment on how proud I am of:
Where I'm from
Who I know
Who I'm married to
Who he was mentored by

Watching the ESPY awards last night was incredible. I'm so glad Cody and I recorded it so that I can go back and watch it whenever I want to. First, seeing Coach Jake up there representing UNI the way he did with his simple and humble acceptance speech. His wonderful shout outs to Cedar Falls and Waterloo - twice - during his speech. "Cedar Falls, Waterloo, we're bringing home an ESPY!" -- I have always been a Panther and always will. What a great feeling to watch a program we are so proud of get the national recognition it deserves.

Secondly, watching the Ed Thomas tribute video - presented by Brett Favre -- and Aaron Thomas' acceptance talk... I still have goose bumps from it more than 12 hours later. I met Coach T. on my first date with Cody. I met him again when I was pregnant with Jaden. He came to our wedding. He met Jaden for the first time just a couple of weeks before his shooting -- "Looks like you got another o-lineman there" he told us :) He coached my husband and coached with my husband for years.

What an awesome night. Proud to be from the state of Iowa. Proud to be from Cedar Falls. Proud -- and thankful :)