"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Thankfulness and Weekend Activities

How is it Monday again already? Summer is flying by!
Today I am thankful for -
-Firemen
-Life 101.9
-Facebook (it helps me stay in touch with friends -- I'm horrible at staying in touch over the phone!)
-Brandon's smile in the morning. I honestly don't think there is a bigger smile in the world than Brandon's when he first wakes up in the morning. It's awesome :)
-Kid's Eat Free night at Pizza Hut -- our Tuesday night ritual that I am looking forward to already ;)

It was a another busy/fast weekend at our house. To kick off the weekend, as I was leaving work on Friday, I went to open my car door, and the door handle fell off in my hand. Wonderful :) (It is currently being repaired, and I am driving a loaner vehicle). Friday night, my parents came over to help put the kids to bed, and Cody and I met some good friends for a late supper at Peppers. We ate with the two girls that I became close with when we all worked at Smitty's Tire & Appliance. We all quit at the same time and have remained close even though we don't see each other nearly often enough! Jenna and Rachael also brought their boyfriend and fiance along so Cody would have other guys there. It was just a couple of hours, but it was nice to get out of the house without the kids.

Saturday we ran errands in the morning and then Cody's parents came over late afternoon to watch Jaden swim, hang out and grill steaks. Sunday we went to church and then had a little bit of a rough morning with Jaden. He ended up in a time out in his room and when I went to get him out a couple of minutes later, he'd fallen asleep! Unfortunately it was about two hours before his normal nap time so it was a very short nap - long enough that he wasn't going to be ready to nap at his normal time again but short enough that it wasn't enough to keep him from getting irritable in the afternoon. Never the less, we had made plans to go visit the fire station that day. Cody and Cassi's cousin Shawn is a fireman for the CF department. He had told Cassi we could come by during his shift on Sunday, and he would show the kids the trucks and the station. So our family, Cassi and Ella and Cassi's boyfriend Craig and his little boy all went together. It was fun -- even for me, as I had never see the inside of the fire station. We got to see where they sleep, where they eat, hang out -- and learn about the operations for the department to an extent. Jaden loved sitting in the trucks, but wasn't super cooperative since he was definitely needing another nap by that point. Here's some pictures from the little adventure:
This week will be a little different. Our babysitter Jami is taking vacation Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cody's mom is watching Jaden on Wednesday -- she's also watching Ella that day so the two will be able to play together. My mom will have Brandon on Wednesday, and then Thursday they will switch - my mom will watch Jaden and Deanne will have Brandon. Cody will have to be driving a lot back and forth to Aplington to drop kids off and pick them up. Wednesday night, we are meeting one of my best friends from high school and her four year old boy at a park. She and her husband live in Illinois, and she is here staying with her parents this week -- it will be fun to see her! She is expecting her second little one on January 1st so I am very excited for her! Friday I took the day off work so will be home alone with the two boys all day. I'm trying to think of some fun, inexpensive activities for us to do -- any suggestions? Send 'em my way ;)

I almost forgot - after working on them all of last week, Brandon's bottom two teeth have officially broken through his gums so he has a sharper bite now ;)