"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TEETH??!!

I can't believe I'm blogging about this already... but Brandon is getting his first TWO bottom teeth! Jaden seemed to get his teeth pretty young, too, but I didn't think Brandon was going to follow in his big brother's footsteps. When Jaden was teething, he drooled a LOT. So much so that he had to wear bibs all day long or he would soak his clothes. Brandon has been drooling... but not in abundance so I thought we still had a ways to go. However, Sunday Brandon was a little irritable. He would only sleep if he was being held, and he threw a HUGE crying fit late in the afternoon until he was able to calm down and fall asleep. Then on Monday he had a really bad day at daycare -- would cry because he was hungry, but then would hardly eat anything. He also barely napped on Monday. We thought he was coming down with the horrible cold that Jaden has had, but by Monday night he was eating fine again and seemed back to his old self. When I got home from work last night (Tuesday night) -- he gave me a big smile, and I could see two white blobs underneath his gums on the bottom of his mouth. By this morning, they were even more noticeable. They haven't poked through the surface yet, but they are definitely on their way! I so love his toothless little grin... I can't believe his smile is going to be changing already!

Poor little Jaden has had a tough week. He came down with a bad cold the middle of last week, and it's been taking a while to get better. Then last night he had a fever of almost 102. By this morning it was back down to only 99, and he seemed much much better this morning -- although not completely cured. Because he hasn't felt well, he's been incredibly whiny and needy for almost a week now. I'm hoping by this weekend, I have two happy boys again! (Fingers crossed!)

On a completely different note -- a big congratulations to my best high school friend -- Annalisa Hoeft!! She and Matt just got engaged over the weekend. They live in Colorado, but are planning a wedding in Cedar Falls on August 6th, 2011. I can't wait to celebrate with them! Here is a picture of Annalisa from our wedding day - she was one of our bridesmaids :)

It's a very funny story as to how we became friends in high school - we started out as enemies going after the same guy -- but she ended up becoming my best friend through all of that. It was just meant to be! Congratulations Annalisa - love you!