"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Tidbits

Brandon's third tooth is coming in already. I laugh at this because I have friends whose kids didn't get their first tooth until they were a year old. Brandon isn't even 6 months yet, and we're looking at three teeth. This third one is his first one on the top. Jaden was an early teether, too so I was prepared for this. This tooth seems to be coming in easier than his bottom two did... those caused us a couple of fussy days. This one I didn't even realize was coming in until he was laughing one night with his mouth wide open, and I just happened to accidentally see it.

Brandon's getting a lot better at eating baby food. He likes carrots and sweet potatoes the best. Green beans... I can't tell if he likes them. I think he tolerates them ;) Peas -- absolutely not. Takes after his mommy. Gagged on them twice the first time we tried them, and I haven't made him try them again just yet. We're going to try squash this weekend. Then by the end of next week, he can have his first taste of fruit! He also is pretty good with his oatmeal. He hates the plain rice cereal. I don't blame him.

What more can I say about Brandon? He's a joy. His smile might be the biggest smile I've ever seen, and when I get home at the end of the day, I can't get enough of kissing his little cheekers. When I walk into daycare to pick them up and he hears my voice -- it's so fun to watch his head frantically start turning in all directions trying to find me -- because he heard Mama's voice, and it makes him happy. And that makes me happy :) His love for his older brother grows and grows. When we're all in the basement together, and Jaden is throwing his balls around, Brandon literally reaches both his arms out trying to catch the balls when they come near him. Those two are going to have so much fun playing catch together. He's going to be six months old in less than two weeks. How is that possible??

Now on to Jaden. We adore our little man. And I call him little MAN because he grows up more and more every day. It's so fun having conversations with him. It's so crazy that we're actually HAVING conversations with him. Wasn't he just born yesterday? He's going to be such a protective big brother and oldest son. I stubbed my toe really badly a while back... so badly, that my eyes watered with tears. Jaden started crying and hugging me because he wanted to make sure I was okay. Brandon was starving on the way to Pizza Hut the other night and was crying pretty badly in the car. Jaden was worried about him and wanted to touch him and comfort him from his car seat. "It's okay Brandon!" He's a champ at counting to ten, he knows most of his colors (red and orange are still a struggle), and he sings along with his movies now... memorizing a lot of the words. Everything is SO big, SO high, and SO heavy right now. We see a big truck... "Big truck! SO big! So heavy!" We see a bird in the sky... "The bird is SO high!" He also knows the importance of "being nice." ;) "Be nice to Papa and Nana! Be nice to people!"

Cody and I are going on our first "date night" tomorrow night since before Brandon was born. Wow, six months ago. His 10-year reunion is tomorrow so we are going to do our own dinner just the two of us and then meet up with his friends from his class afterwards. At least that's the plan right now.

UNI Football kicks off in just 21 days. There has been a void in my life since last November -- it's about to filled again ;)

Happy Friday! :)