"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, September 27, 2010

Football games/weekend activities

So far this football season, the kids are doing pretty well at the games. The first game in the Dome was a late one - didn't start until 6:30 - so that was a little rough. Brandon gets super sleepy right after supper time and is usually asleep by 7:30/8:00 so Cody had to take him home mid-way through the first half. Jaden lasted until the 4th quarter, and then Cody's parents took him home so I could stay until the end. He probably could have made it the whole game, but he was looking really sleep, and Tim and Deanne were leaving anyway so they took him with.

The second game went better. It was a 4:00 kickoff. Brandon made it until the end of the third quarter, and even fell asleep for an hour on Cody's chest -- even with all the noise! He's doing better than Jaden did as a baby -- I couldn't take Jaden at that age because he was terrified of the noise! Jaden did really well the second game and made it through the whole game. He got to go on the field aftewards and throw his football around. He got to see TC at both games and continues to love him. I keep waiting for him to show signs of fear, and it hasn't happened yet.

I need to get some pictures at games, but we're always so busy keeping track of the kids that I haven't even thought to pull my camera out yet. Maybe this weekend!

This past weekend Cody stayed home with the boys, and I got to go to the UNI/Iowa State game in Ames. I had an absolute blast (except for during the actual game since UNI played terrible). But it was so fun tailgating and seeing good friends from college. It brought back a lot of good memories, and I got the chance to visit with a lot of former UNI football players that I was friends with when they were players and I worked in the Dome.

We have a home game again this weekend... we also have family coming to town. On Sunday my grandpa and cousins from Cedar Rapids are visiting. They haven't met Brandon yet at all so we're going to enjoy some time with them -- and eat some good food! AND Jaden's been asking to go to the Pumpkin Patch so we're going to try and fit that in as well.

This is why I love fall! We are always super busy with fun and exciting things!