"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

He's growing up!

It's amazing how the little things Jaden does make him seem so grown up! He's so independent now. I don't even think of him as a toddler anymore... but as a little boy. (Except for the whole diaper thing... sigh).

He gets his own milk cup out of the fridge and puts it away -- back into the fridge -- when he's thirsty.
He brushes his own teeth and screws the cap back on the toothpaste all by himself.
He can work the DVD player on his own -- open it, take one movie out, put the new movie in, close it - turn it off, turn it on, etc.
He gets in and out of his car seat by himself (we buckle him in).
When we got home from church on Sunday he started singing a song that was sung during that morning's service.
He drinks pop out of Cody's pop bottles. (Horrible, horrible idea, Cody)
He has shape cutters for his play-doh... we used to have to help with these. He now does it all by himself. He can press the shape cutter into the dough, pull the edges off around the cutter, and press the dough out of the cutter to reveal the intended shape.
He repeats his favorite quotes from his movies when we're not watching the movies. THIS is definitely just like his daddy ;)

There's more, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. Some of these might seem like such small insignificant events, but to me, they're huge. I might have to take a vacation day his first day of kindergarten... it might take me a whole day to stop the tears ;)


He also has this cute little developing attitude that I can't help but laugh at. Case in point:
Saturday at my parents' house he was playing in the basement with my dad. He didn't want Mommy interrupting so when I came downstairs to say hi, this was the response I got from my little man:
"No. Go upstairs Mommy. Go upstairs Mama."
If we try to help him with anything, he thinks we're getting in the way --- "Go Daddy! Go!" Meaning... "get out of the way" ;) His little voice tries to sound so authoritative, and it makes us laugh... though we try to hide it from him ;)

Totally unrelated -- he is now obsessed with Thomas the Train. Thanks Papa Bob for that one ;)