"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, September 27, 2010

Kiddo Updates

Sorry it's been a while... :)

Brandon is close to sitting and crawling. He is strong enough to sit on his own, but he gets distracted and rolls right over. Gotta work on the balance. :) He also wants to crawl so badly. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth, which is adorable. It won't be long now! (I got video of the rocking back and forth this morning... I will post soon.)

We just switched formulas. You might have heard that there was a major recall on Similac formula -- and of course we used the formula that was recalled! It might have been a blessing in disguise. Brandon's on Soy formula - which Jaden had to use also because they both got uncomfortably gassy on normal stuff - so we had to be extra careful when switching his formula. I called the doctor's office, and they told me that they have been recommending people just use the generic store brands. They said that the production of formula is regulated so closely that they are all basically the same -- it's just the store brands don't put the marketing behind theirs that the big-name brands do. So -- we switched to the HyVee Soy formula and are saving almost $10 a can... which is a big deal right now :) He's doing fine on the new formula.

Brandon usually eats any food that we put in front of him, but his favorites seem to be - oatmeal, pears, apples, sweet potatoes and mixed veggies. 

Jaden is our goofy sweet little boy that continues to impress us and amaze us and everyone else around him. We are constantly told how well he talks for a 2 1/2 year old boy. He can count to 14. He can sing the alphabet letter for letter right along with us. He walks around the house saying, "UNI Fight UNI Fight!" quite frequently, and he's been mentioning God more and more. (Gotta love Sunday School!) This morning he was downstairs playing while I was getting ready, and he heard me drop my phone on the bathroom floor. He didn't know what had happened, so he yelled up the steps to me, "Mama okay?? Mama okay??" He was making sure I hadn't hurt myself. What a sweety :) Yesterday Cody was at a friend's watching football, and I ventured out to Old Navy with the two boys to look for some pants for the both of them. Old Navy has a coloring table set up for kids, and Jaden walked over to it, sat down and was perfectly content to sit there and color while Mommy shopped. When it was time to go, he looked up at me and said, "I don't wanna go home." The other night he was watchign the UNI football game on TV, and he kept walking by the TV saying, "Lets go guys! Come on guys!" Ha... such a fan! ;) His feet are huge. He's now wearing size 10 1/2.

He's about to go through a big change at daycare. There's another family that's been going there just as long as us -- two years now. They have a little boy, Carter, who turned two in August. Their other son, Noah, is just a few weeks younger than Brandon. They have decided to switch daycares to a place closer to the mom's work. Carter has been Jaden's best bud there for two years, and the two are inseparable. They have so much fun together, and they have learned how to communicate so well with each other. It's going to be a tough transition not having Carter there anymore in a couple of weeks, but hopefully a new family comes in that helps fill the void.

I have some videos I need to post... soon, I promise!