"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, September 27, 2010

"Ready Now"

We sang a new song at church yesterday morning, and I immediately fell in love with the words. Here they are...

"Ready Now"

Come like You promised You would
I want to surrender for good
Know that I need You
And I don't want to keep living life alone

So take my heart
Make it new
Make it true
Make it like You
Take my hands
Lift them high
They're Yours not mine to do...

Do what You will
Do what You will
Do what You will

I feel like a blind man in Your sight
I know that I'm wicked in Your eyes
So wash me and make me shine like Your Son
I want to tell everyone that You're the only one

So take my heart
Make it new
Make it true
Make it like You
Take my hands
Lift them high
They're Yours not mine to do...

Do what You will
Do what You will
Do what You will

I'm ready now
I'm ready now
I'm ready now
Do what You will

I struggle a lot -- especially lately -- with giving everything over to God and trusting Him with every detail of my life, my family's life, my kids' lives, my work life, my financial life, my marriage... etc. etc. etc. :) I know He's there, I speak to him consistently throughout the day, and I completely trust him. But I still have many moments when things are down or I'm having a rough day... when I start to panic and try to figure out how to "fix" things -- and I try to do it all on my own. Which is silly. This is just one of the many songs that has spoken to me lately. Even though the tough stuff is scary to go through -- I know that He has a plan, and that all things work together for good for those who love Him. And when I sit back and remember to breathe and remember to pray -- I realize that I'm willing to go through whatever rain I have to if it's His will for me - if it makes me a stronger person for my family and a stronger person in my faith. And I also know that as I sit and pray for help in certain situations -- I couldn't be in better hands. And He truly cares about every little detail of my life. And while I'm waiting... He is at work. He's got it all figured out. Pretty cool... :)