"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, November 19, 2010

Living with a hunter

I love my husband.

I don't love looking at cute, adorable... but dead... animals.

So.. we are blessed that although Cody is a landscaper, he gets paid salary and doesn't have to go on lay-off when it turns winter time. He goes to work every day as he's one of the managers and there's always things to get done. But... often times now he gets off somewhat earlier. So the last two days he's gone duck hunting at about 4:00 in the afternoon.

Last night when we got home shortly before supper, he walked into the kitchen - carrying a freshly dead and adorable duck. (I have a soft spot for ducks). Jaden loves ducks as well. So -- Cody called Jaden to the kitchen and had him pet the cute duck. Jaden said he wanted to hold the duck. Cody said, "No... he's sleeping! We don't want to wake him up." Jaden accepted that and went back to playing. Cody then cleaned two ducks after the boys went to bed last night and stuck them in the freezer. I think Cody thought Jaden would forget about the duck.

First thing Jaden says when he wakes up this morning: "I want to pet the duck!" Cody told him the duck flew away. Little does Jaden know that the duck is sitting in our freezer waiting to be thrown into the crock pot.

Sigh. I do love my husband though.