"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, December 16, 2010

CHRISTMAS!!

At one point last night, Cody said to me... "You are just like a little kid on Christmas morning." And I take that as a GREAT compliment :) He didn't say it to me because I was excited about opening MY presents. I had recently ordered two gifts for people that I was expecting to arrive yesterday, and I was very excited to hold them -- to actually be able to see them rather than just what I could see of them online. So I was kind of disappointed when I got home from work and there weren't any packages waiting by our doorstep. It came UPS -- so I never thought to actually check the mailbox. So after Cody got Jaden in his pajamas and I had Brandon settled in his swing with his bedtime bottle, I checked the tracking number of my delivery online and saw that it was indeed delivered. I slipped on my shoes -- no coat or socks -- and ran out to the mailbox in the dark freezing cold. I raced back inside, opened up the tiny packages and shrieked ;) And then I immediately had to gift wrap them and place them under the tree. I'm so excited that it's almost Christmas!

I decided two days ago to take tomorrow off (Friday). I got a jump start on Christmas shopping in November -- got the kids done, got our parents done, got our niece done. So I felt pretty good about myself. But then time flew by... and it is now two days before our first family Christmas, and I still have six presents that need to be bought. SO tomorrow I am taking the kids to daycare, I'm going to go finish shopping (luckily I know exactly what I'm looking for) and then I'm going to bake goodies and wrap presents and catch up on my DVR shows. All. day. long. :) It's my Christmas present to myself ;) Sometimes I feel guilty sending the kids to daycare if I'm not working (this rarely happens). But I have a lot of time off over Christmas and New Years because our company shuts down... and they won't be going to daycare at all during that time. I feel like I need a day to myself before the madness begins so that when I am home with them, I can give them the best of me and not some tired worn out cranky mommy ;)

And yes we do have two family Christmases already this weekend. One with my mom's side on Saturday and one with Cody's mom's side on Sunday. I'm excited... this will drag out Christmas longer and we won't be trying to fit those Christmases in with all of the other stuff during the actual Christmas week.

Now I'm just hoping the snow stays away! Cody's been having to work a lot lately because of the snow the past week. It's pretty and everything... but... we have enough ;)

I leave you with the chorus of an awesome new Christmas song:

How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many Gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
Only one did that for me...