"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Fun Giggly Moment with My Tiny Guy!

Brandon is at one of my favorite ages. He's still a baby - but his personality is blossoming, he's able to interact with people at a high level, he's mobile and tries to be independent... but he still needs his Mama, still likes to cuddle, still crawls up my pant leg many times a day just to let me know that he wants to be held by me. He's still squishy with baby fat, still without most of his hair, still has the most kissable cheeks ever created. I just adore him.

This morning we had a really fun couple of minutes. We played "chase" :) It started when he crawled into the kitchen, and I crawled after him. When he saw me coming after him, he started crawling faster until I caught up to him - with a big smile on his face and giggles. So then I crawled the other way - back into the living room, and he crawled after me quickly - smiling and giggling. This went back and forth. Every once in a while he would get into the kitchen and try and peek around the corner at me into the living room and then continue to crawl away from me - like we were playing hide and seek or peek-a-boo.

It was just a great start to the morning on a day when I realllllly didn't want to come to work! Last night we had a neat moment, too. Sometimes Cody brushes Jaden's teeth and tucks him into bed, and then I go in and read him his book and help him say his prayers. Cody will then be the one to put Bandon to bed. Sometimes it's the exact opposite. (Jaden's funny - sometimes he wants Mommy to brush his teeth - sometimes he wants Daddy to do it). On the nights when I'm putting Brandon in his crib, I hold him in his room and rock with him just for a minute while I sing him a song. He's getting used to this routine, so the minute I carried him into his room last night he immediately put his head down on my shoulder and waited for me to start singing to him. There's nothing better than a quiet baby falling asleep on your shoulder!

I wish I could keep Brandon at this age. I feel like I have the best of situations right now. My oldest is talking up a storm, smart, funny, - also at a really great age and not at all a baby anymore! I want to keep them both at the ages they are and not let them grow up!!! They both have birthdays coming up, and I want to say "No! You're not allowed to have birthdays!" :)