"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Jaden's Birthday Week!

It's Jaden's birthday week!!! I keep telling him it's his birthday week, but I think I'm still more excited about it than he is. He just keeps telling me he wants to eat his cake. Funny though... here's a snippet of conversation we had yesterday at my parents'.

My mom (to Jaden): "You're silly, too!"
Jaden: "No, I'm THREE."

Ha... so he's not quite three yet, but apparently he thought my mom was telling him he was TWO and he's been convinced for a while that he's already three!

We have a busy week. Tomorrow Cody and I are taking off work and taking Brandon to Iowa City to discuss tubes with the ENT and to review once more the bump on his neck. They're either going to decide to do the out-patient procedure to remove that right away tomorrow... or we will schedule it when we are there tomorrow and go back to get it done at a later time. Part of me is wanting to get it over with tomorrow so we don't have to make another trip... part of me isn't ready for this. Even though it is supposed to be a minor procedure.

Wednesday night is the big Creighton/UNI basketball game. There is a huge rivalry between our two teams and lots riding on this game. It's an 8 p.m. tip time so the kids are staying home and sleeping with Cody while I attend the game solo. Probably a good thing the kids won't be with me... I might get a little rowdy at this one ;)

Jaden's birthday is Friday, and I am going to send cupcakes along with him to daycare... then unveil his present Friday night. My parents and Cody and I went in on a brand new Thomas train table for Jaden. We started buying him parts of a Thomas the train track for Christmas, but didn't have a good place to set it up. We found this brand new table on clearance at Toys R Us... I'm so excited for him to see it and have a place for us to actually expand on his train collection now. Whenever we go to Von Maur or Barnes and Noble, he LOVES to play with their train table and set that the stores have set up. He actually gets excited when we tell him we're going to the mall because that means he can play with the train. I'm happy he will now have one in his own home.

Saturday he starts "Kindergym" at the WRC on the UNI campus. This meets every Saturday until March...and as soon as this ends we start swimming lessons every Saturday  morning until the last weekend in April. He's going to be a busy and active little boy, and our Saturdays just got a bit busier, too!

Saturday afternoon we are throwing a pool party for his birthday... I rented the pool at the Wingate Hotel. We are just having some family and a couple of his best friends from daycare. I of course got him a Thomas the Train cake, and we are going to swim, snack and just hang out!

This morning I ordered the birthday supplies for Brandon's first birthday party. Seriously?? I can't believe he's going to be one in just five weeks!