"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Sweet Growing Boy

Jaden continues to amaze us more and more every day. Cody and I talked the other day about how he is turning three at the end of the month. Then we both said -- "he should be turning four." He just grows up so much more every single day. Physically, emotionally, verbally, intellectually, etc. This morning I wasn't feeling very well - I have come down with another cold and had a sinus headache from it when I woke up this morning - in turn giving me an upset stomach before I was able to eat anything. Cody had to get the boys ready by himself for the most part, and I did my best to "supervise" Brandon while I could barely move off the couch. Jaden played the "big brother" role perfectly. We didn't have enough time to feed the boys their breakfast (daycare can feed them breakfast when we don't have time) -- but Jaden thought it up himself to feed Brandon some of his favorite little snacks. Brandon really really likes the little Gerber "puffs" that they make for babies just learning how to chew. So Jaden held the can of "puffs" and fed Brandon one at a time for about 10 minutes this morning. Every time he could see Brandon was done with one, Jaden would hold out his little hand, Brandon would open his mouth, and Jaden would put one single puff into Brandon's mouth for him. It was just sweet how devoted he was to doing this for his little brother for as long as it lasted. When Brandon let out a little whine at one point, Jaden went over to him and said, "What's the matter baby? It's okay!" As we were putting Brandon in his car seat (an activity he HATES most of the time) -- Jaden kept saying in a cheerful voice, "It's okay Brandon!" He loves when Brandon takes baths with him, and whenever it's time to get Brandon out of the tub, Jaden pleads with us - "No, Brandon stay in the tub!" Whenever we are getting ready to go anywhere... "Brandon go, too?? Baby going, too?" It's so cute his different names for him - "brother" "baby" "Brandon" -- he uses them all. I just love watching Jaden mature - as a boy, as a friend, as our son and as a big brother. We still have a lot of work to do when it comes to "sharing" toys -- but I can't wait to watch their friendship develop as they grow :) I'm really glad we have two boys - two brothers - as our children. I always thought I'd want a girl, but God obviously knew what he was doing when he gave me these two boys!