"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Brandon's One-Year Stats

Brandon weighed in at 21 1/2 pounds yesterday. He is 29 inches tall. Both height and weight continue to measure in the 25th percentile... while his head circumfrance remains in the 75th percentile. My boys got some brains in there. :) He did really well at his appointment. His ears continue to have fluid in them -- just reinforcing the fact that we made the right decision to get his tubes put in on Friday. The doctor got to see him climb, take a couple of steps and say "uh oh." He had to receive three shots... which he cried for initially but stopped as soon as I picked him up. Then he had to get his finger pricked so they could test his blood for lead and to make sure he's not anemic. He did not cry when they pricked his finger... at all. He just got impatient that he had to sit still long enough for the lab tech to collect enough blood! Last night he went home and surprised us by drinking over half a sippy cup full of milk -- he wanted nothing to do with milk until last night. He now has so many teeth I have lost count. I know there's at least 14 in there... with number 13 and 14 trying to break through as we speak. There may be more I don't even know about. He was a little fussy this morning - we could tell his shots bothered him a bit because whenever we had to touch his legs to change his diaper or get him dressed he wimpered. He didn't want to crawl around this morning - just wanted to be held. I think the combination of the shots and the fact that he does have two more teeth very close to popping through have made for a less than perfect day for our little guy. I just keep reminding myself how awesome it is that he will be done with teething so soon and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

We ask for your prayers for the remainder of the week. Friday we head to Iowa City for his tubes and minor neck surgery. Again -- if you haven't been following our blog -- he has to have a little "cyst" cut off of his neck. They will have to put him under so we pray that everything goes well... and that he doesn't put up too much of a fuss when we have to force him to keep from eating for six hours leading up to the surgery. Cody and I are very anxious to get this done! Hopefully no more ear infection problems after this. Hopefully we'll be getting more sleep in the near future, as well. There has been zero consistency in that department the last few months. A great night of sleep could be followed by a very rough night -- with all of the ear infections, teeth, colds, etc.

I just held a co-workers four month old baby girl in my office. She is perfectly cute, petite and wouldn't stop giving me the biggest smiles. I loved holding such a tiny little piece of pink perfection. BUT... I am also happy that I got to hand her off to her daddy. ;) So don't worry, Cody. I didn't get any ideas. :)