"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Christmas Activities

I have been awful about blogging lately. I have been blogging... but not nearly enough pictures... and not nearly enough about our special activities. So I'm going to attempt to play catch up. It will take a while... a few posts here and there... but... better late than never. :)

Here are some more pictures from our Christmas activities... and a few things that the boys were doing right around the Holidays. Months ago I blogged about some of our Christmas activities... but I never finished.

*Brandon started practicing with a sippy cup! Just water in the cup at this point. He took to the sippy cup pretty quickly, and got the hang of tipping it up far enough to drink out of it almost right away. Now when he drinks from the cup and the liquid in it is getting low -- he's pretty funny with it. He tips his head all the way back, and we say "bottoms up!" -- because that's what he looks like when he's drinking from it!

*Cody had to buy a new thing of deoderant and had left it sitting on the kitchen counter. Cody and I walked into the kitchen one night, and caught Jaden trying to put it on! "Just like Daddy!" he said. ;)


*Jaden helped me make a gingerbread house one night. I had never done one before... and have to admit I don't have the patience for it! I got really tired of slowly seeing to every little piece of candy and every last detail. I eventually let Jaden take over all by himself, and he had a blast with it!
*As you can see -- he also enjoyed some eating as he was making it, too. ;)

*Jaden helped me make a birthday cake for Jesus! Then on Christmas Eve we had my parents over to our house after church, and we all enjoyed some of Jesus' birthday cake. We then left a piece of the cake for Santa to eat that night... Jaden understood that Santa was coming to our house and bringing presents because Santa celebrates Jesus' birthday, too!


*On Christmas day we opened presents at our house in the morning... then went to do presents with my parents... and then went to Aplington on Christmas night. Brandon loves little Coco!


*Cody's parents got Ella aand Jaden tents! The kids enjoyed getting them out and playing in them. Of course, Jaden's is a giant football!

*Sitting in Ella's pink tent. :)


*Cousins on Christmas... playing with Ella's guitar!


*Cody... enjoying some wine... some laughs... and some good ol' Christmas cheer. ;)

*Jaden with a gift from Mommy and Daddy. A car garage that makes noises and everything! He loves watching the cars race down the different ramps.


...Almost three months later, Jaden still asks me sometimes -- "Where's the Christmas tree??" Such a special time of year, and we loved it with our TWO little boys!