"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Is There Anything Better...

...Than coming home from a full day in the office... and a full evening at a work meeting...

and being greeted with the immediate sound of a three year old yelling up the basement steps -

"Hey Mama! How was dinner??!"

...and his little 12 month old brother eagerly running to the doorway (as fast as his little legs can run) -- reaching up both of his arms, and pointing at you... just dying for you to pick him up and hug him and squeeze him...

Is there anything better than coming home to two adorably wonderful happy boys that truly missed you??

Nope. Nothing better.

Yesterday... on a Monday... I spent a little extra time rocking Brandon in his room before actually putting him down in his crib for bed. I spent a little extra time letting him point at things in his room and explaining to him what they were -- even though it was a little past bed time. I spent a little extra time praying with Jaden... and when he said... "Mama, you lay here with me for a few more minutes..." -- I did.

I love being a Mama.