"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hit the Pause Button...

Weekday mornings are a marathon at our house. Especially Monday mornings because Cody has to be at work a half an hour earlier for a supervisor's meeting. Even though today is Tuesday, he had the meeting this morning since yesterday was a vacation day. I am especially busy this week as I prepare for a conference call this afternoon, a meeting at our house tonight and then a trip to Kansas City early Thursday morning for a conference that I won't be returning from until Saturday night. (Insert sad face here. I HATE being away from home!)

But this morning I had reason to hit the pause button for a minute or two. Which is kind of ironic since our series of teachings at church right now are all about hitting the pause button.

I came out into the living room after putting on my makeup. Jaden was sitting on the floor eating his yogurt. I found Brandon sitting on Cody's lap on the couch. But he wasn't just sitting on his lap... he had his arms wrapped around Cody's neck, face pressed against Cody's face... and was clinging on for dear life. I sat down on the couch next to them and watched Cody pull his face away from Brandon's a little bit. He didn't want to give him whisker burn since he hasn't shaved in a while. Brandon looked up at Cody, put both of his hands on Cody's face, and pulled Cody's face back against his own face as if to say... "Don't let go yet, Daddy." At this moment Jaden walked over to me and climbed onto my lap. And the four of us hit the pause button together... sitting on the couch... forgetting about the long week ahead.

It was only two minutes... but it was just what this mommy needed to charge my batteries.

Don't forget to hit the pause button from time to time!