"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Preschool!

He did it!! Jaden had his first morning of preschool today, and he did such a good job. He was shy when we arrived to the building, but he hung up his school bag, went to the bathroom, and got in line with the other kids while waiting for the teacher to lead them back to their classroom. I took the morning off from work so that I could take him out for a little breakfast and then be the one to drop him off and pick him up.

He was excited to show me that he was starting "three year old" preschool today. :)


At the last minute, Cody was able to meet us at the preschool to watch Jaden join his class. We got Jaden a special UNI bag for his school bag... the teacher requested not using typical back packs because at the age of three, the kids get frustrated when zippers get stuck, etc. She said it's much easier to have a bag just like the one we found at HyVee for a DOLLAR. ;)



It was so funny to see all of these young children try to form a line next to the wall while parents took pictures and shot video. Jaden stayed there so patiently, and only walked away from the line once to give me a last minute hug and kiss. He has more boys in his class than girls... which is perfectly fine with me! Can't wait to see and hear about what he learns over the next several months! As Cody and I walked back to our cars, the idea finally hit him that we will be having "first days of school" for several several years now! And I love it!


When I picked him up at 11:30, they had all the kids running around in the big gym chasing each other. At one point, Jaden tripped and another little boy walked over to him, bent over and patted Jaden on the head to make sure he was okay. He is going to have so much fun making new friends. Jaden then told me on the car ride to daycare that he wanted to go back to preschool! He loved it. :)