"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Thursday, September 29, 2011

First hair cut!

While at the Dome on Saturday, someone sitting near us asked us about Brandon -- "Is he/she a boy or a girl?" We have been getting that question much too often lately because of his sweet little curls in the back of his head (and despite the fact that he is always completely dressed like a BOY!) So we finally bit the bullet and went to get his hair cut last night. Of course it was kind of a last minute decision after we had stopped at church for supper so I didn't have my camera on me. I apologize for the quality of pictures - I had to use the camera on my phone.

Brandon did really well sitting there for the five minutes it took. In fact, one of the other ladies in the salon getting her hair cut commented on how great he did. The only thing that really bothered him was having to wear the cape around his neck.


The lady who cut his hair had her baby baptized in the same group that Brandon was at Orchard. It's kind of a small world!



When she was almost done with the cut, the lady sitting beside us said, "Oh my gosh -- he just lost all of his baby!" That's all it took. I started getting a little emotional. Seeing all of those curls get cut off -- and then having her hand me a little plastic baggy with a few of his curls placed inside -- made me want to scoop him up and rewind time about six months. :) When Cody was sitting with Brandon last night before bed, Cody was really quiet and was staring pretty intently at Brandon for a while. I finally said, "What are you thinking?" To which Cody responded -- "He just looks so much like a little boy now... and not so much like our baby." Sigh.


And so I will admit to spending quite a bit of extra time "dancing" with him in his room to music last night before placing him in his crib. I will admit to running a little bit late this morning because Brandon wanted me to cuddle with him for an extra ten minutes in front of Bubble Guppies with his blanket and pacifier in hand. Stay young, little one. Mommy loves you. :)