"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Patch, 2011

This weekend we took our annual trip to the Heartland Farms Pumpkin Patch. We have visited this same patch every single year since Jaden was a baby, and it's a fun tradition that allows us to see each year how much the kids grow and change from one year to the next. I wish we would have had more time to spend there this year because the kids loved it. As a mommy, there's nothing better than seeing your kids' faces light up and hear their excited giggles.


The first thing the kids wanted to do was to see the animals. Brandon's favorite were the goats - a mommy and her two babies. Every time he'd walk away from the goats to see another animal, he would eventually make his way back to the goats. He just loved them!


Even with the bruising and bug bites on his forehead... this face makes me melt every single time. He's perfect.



Jaden really liked the chickens.






This year, Heartland Farms added one of those giant jumping pillows. Wow... those things are BOUNCY. I didn't realize how much fun those were until I got on it to help Brandon navigate his way around. I could barely keep my footing -- let alone help Brandon keep his! But again... the kids LOVED it!



The kids also had a blast on the slides. That's a hit ever year - those slides are extra high, extra steep, and extra fast!






I have to post this next picture. It was the end of our visit, and Brandon was tired of getting his picture taken. Before Brandon turned around, I asked Jaden to put his arm around Brandon -- which he did willingly -- but then Brandon turned around and wanted to get down, and Jaden wouldn't let go of him and got frustrated because Brandon wouldn't cooperate. It looks kind of like Jaden's trying to give Brandon a choke hold... but he was just following Mommy's instructions!


One thing we didn't get pictures of was my turn at the PUNKINATOR. I wasn't paying any attention to what was going on because I was busy watching the kids, but all of the sudden I heard people shouting my direction. The guy that was operating the Punkinator (a giant pumpkin gun that shoots pumpkins into cars -- or in this case a banged up school bus) -- was calling me out of the people in the crowd to be the one who would get to shoot the pumpkin. He told me he picked me out because I was the only young blonde one. I guess blondes really do have more fun...? ;)

It was another great day at the Pumpkin Patch. The weather was perfect, and Jaden already says he can't wait to go back next year. Another reason why we just love FALL!