"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It is has been tradition in my family to always decorate for Christmas during Thanksgiving break. But with two young boys and a very busy schedule ahead, I decided that we needed to get a jump start on the decorating... for my sanity. (And okay... part of me just couldn't wait another day to get started!)

My parents had a smaller tree that they used with purple lights and sports themed ornaments to help decorate my dad's beloved "Panther Pit." Earlier this year, my dad told me we could have it for a special tree for the boys in their room. And when I found a particular set of Nativity Scene ornaments at Hobby Lobby for 50% off... I knew it was meant to be. The ornaments actually match a Christmas book the boys own that used to be mine when I was little.

Last night, while Cody took Brandon to convenient care so we could get a double ear infection diagnosis, my parents, Jaden and I quickly set the tree up, and Jaden helped me carefully place each ornament. It was a wonderful surprise for Brandon to return home to.


  
We also quickly set up the boys' little Cherished Teddy Nativity Scene. This set also used to belong to me when I was a little girl and collected Cherished Teddies. I love passing things like this down to my own little ones!


The next phase of our decorating will be completed on Thanksgiving morning. We don't have anywhere to be right away so I have visions in my head of waffles for breakfast, staying in our PJ's, watching Boz's Christmas and putting the tree up as a family.... all while talking about what we are thankful for most this year. Sounds just about perfect to me...

...In other news... I walked into the kitchen the other day and found Brandon completely cuddled up on the kitchen floor with his new Christmas puppy.


Love.


He sure is a silly one... :)



Happy Thanksgiving!