"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat!

This year was our first true trick-or-treating experience. Last year, Halloween was a dud with two sick kids. The year before, Jaden wasn't even two yet, and Brandon was just a baby in my belly. I wasn't sure how the kids would do or if they would even be interested.

But... they loved it. Jaden started off shy, but was a boy on a mission for candy by the end of the night... not hesitating at all to go door to door knocking and saying, "trick or treating!"

Brandon was the social one of the neighborhood, waving at everyone we passed, and being bound and determined he was going to walk the whole thing, pushing his stroller by himself. They looked adorable in their costumes and received lots of compliments and lots of "awwwws!"










And now the fun really begins. We've made a "countdown to Thanksgiving" chart on Jaden's chalkboard wall. We watched "Boz's Christmas" before bed tonight. Jaden and I read Turkey Trouble for a bedtime story. In three weeks, our Christmas tree goes up, and tomorrow I am bound and determined to update my Pandora Christmas playlist so that it's all ready to go with my latest favorites. Their daycare theme of the month is focusing on Family. This is what it's all about. The memories big and small, the sights, the sounds, the smells, the countdowns and anticipation. Every year I enjoy this season even more than the year before. My two precious bundles have a little something to do with that, I think. It all goes by so fast... so I'm savoring it. Every last drop... including the seasonal Starbucks drink I'm going to indulge in tomorrow... filled to the brim in a jolly red cup. Happy month of Thanksgiving to you all!