"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, December 23, 2011

We wish you a Merry Christmas...

I'm wrapping up my final day of work until after the New Year. Tonight Jaden and I are baking a birthday cake for Jesus. Tomorrow it's off to Aplington for Christmas #2, followed by the Candlelight service at Orchard Hill. For the first time, Jaden will get to sit with us through the Christmas service while Brandon is still young enough to go to nursery. Jaden is so excited to watch the band sing Christmas music and light our candles. We'll come home, eat the cake, sing Happy Birthday and be sure to leave a slice of the cake for Santa to nibble on late at night. ;) We don't leave cookies for Santa at our house... it's our own little tradition that he help us celebrate the reason for the season by eating Jesus' cake, too.


 Sunday morning, we'll wake up and finally get to put baby Jesus where he belongs.


The advent calendar I had growing up is one of my favorite memories of the Christmas season. My dad carrying me out of bed to the calendar and helping me hang the little bear in the next room of his little bear house... as every day, he tried to make his way to finding his very own Christmas tree set up for him on Christmas morning. It's been fun carrying on the tradition with my littles.


After our own four-person gift opening on Sunday morning, we'll head to my parents' to celebrate Christmas #3 with them. And then it's another week off of work, and looking forward to a New Year's Eve welcoming Cassi and James home from England and Christmas #4 with the Ubbens. I love that our Christmas celebrating is being spread out three weeks long.


I love that I'm getting some extra quality time with my goofy boys who are growing up so fast.


I'm doing my best to take it all in - knowing that at this time next year, their little hand prints will be that much bigger, but praying that the magic in their eyes during this time of year never fades away with age.




We're making memories this week.


Wishing you a magical, sparkly, safe, celebratory weekend.



Merry Christmas everyone!