"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bunk Beds and Changes

Last Friday night, the boys and I came home to this:


Daddy had been busy moving Jaden's old bed out of his room and putting up the new bunk beds.

It all started last July. Right when our home life was in chaos because of Cody's sudden bad health, my work life was drastically changed when the future of our Waterloo office became uncertain. Long story made short, because of circumstances too complicated to write about, my boss gave me a call during my lunch break and told me that our office might be closing. BUT... our entire company valued me too much to let me go so they assured me that they were going to find a way to keep me as an employee. And that's when the offer of "work from home full time" was given to me. I of course accepted. It's been a long journey, and after several months of constant back and forth, our Waterloo office is not closing after all. But in keeping with their promise, I am about to take on a new roll with my company. Just this past week we hired new people to replace me at the Waterloo office, and I am moving up to the National team and am putting together the finishing touches of a home office. To say I'm excited and relieved to finally be in this place is an understatement. It has been a long seven months filled with stress, waiting, and our patience has been tested. But through it, I have come to truly enjoy my job, greatly appreciate the opportunity I have been given, and come to respect and love the people I work with and for. It's not often that you find a national corporation that feels nothing like a corporation but much more like a family.

And I get to start working from home. Full time. Very soon. Sweatpants, my own coffee maker, and my own comfortable and cozy home office is going to be my new routine as soon as I can get my replacements trained. Sometimes patience really pays off. Mixed in with a whole lot of prayer.

Back to the bunk beds. We knew we needed to create space for my office so we decided to move Brandon into Jaden's room to free up the third bedroom.

And after a couple of rough nights that led to us having to put him back in his crib, by night number three he was sleeping through the night in his new bed. It's been quite funny listening to our two little men sing and "talk" to each other every night before falling asleep. We are enjoying this new chapter... and there's much, much more to come. It seems like every month, we are embracing big changes. So... stay tuned! (And become a follower). ;)