"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daydreaming...

This week has kind of been the "eye" of the storm so-to-speak. Not a bad storm, but a chaotic mass of wind that's shaking up and changing everything in its path. The last couple of months have been so busy - holidays and birthdays - huge changes at work. Days filled with meetings, hiring new employees, building out new office space, waiting on answered prayers. Next week I start training the girl that will be taking my place in the office I have spent the last 3 1/2 years calling mine. This is a good thing, and I'm ready for it. Because after I'm done training her, I get to start working from home. A prize I've been waiting for since July of last year. I love my company, and I'm ready to take the next step in my career here. But it will be busy. And it will be slightly stressful. And it will be change. And next week and the few weeks after it are going to be filled with lots of hard work, lots of meetings, lots of organizing and re-organizing. And some painting, too.

But this week... this week has been a lull in the action. Most of the big decisions have been made. Most of the plans have been finalized. The birthday parties have come and gone. And I've been left with a lot of quiet time to sit and think. To long for spring. To daydream about the exciting times ahead. (And to begrudge that it's a leap year, requiring me to wait one extra day to get my end-of-the-month paycheck).

Sitting in my windowless office, daydreaming about the not-so-distant future of sitting in my home office looking out the opened window to my front yard. Daydreaming about...

-The first lawn mowing of the season. The smell of fresh cut grass and the first spots of green leaves on the trees.
-Filling my cute little white flower bench with fresh pink flowers and sitting out on our deck admiring them with a Dairy Queen Blizzard in hand.
-Watching our boys learn to ride their bikes and their new scooter.
-Pushing Brandon in his tree swing.
-Evenings spent at the park. I have big plans this spring/summer to visit every park in the city. (Or at least most of them).
-Evening walks after supper, watching the sun set a little later every night.
-Steak and veggie kabobs on THE GRILL.
-March 1st. Scentsy's Spring/Summer catalog comes out. I cannot wait.
-A family trip to Dairy Queen.
-Driving with the windows down.
-Sending the boys out the door without coats and hats.
-Removing socks from the normal laundry load thanks to flip flops and sandals.
-Cute plaid shorts on my little boys' legs.
-A new pair of sunglasses to replace the two pairs I lost last summer.
-Decorating for Easter.
-Dying Easter eggs.
-Reading Easter stories.
-A trip to Bath and Body Works for some spring Wallflowers and candles.
-A middle-of-the-day black sky followed by a good thunderstorm.
-Falling to sleep with the windows open
-A lower utility bill.
-March Madness.
-Spring football. Yes... I love football enough to get excited about spring drills. I just want some football back in my life!
-A possible visit from a Florida-based relative?
-Chalk on the driveway.
-An evening dinner at a park. Hot dogs, cheese, chips, applesauce and juice. I think the boys can get behind that.



 We're so very very close!