"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, March 30, 2012

Finally!!

Since last July, I have known that eventually I would be accepting a new position with my company that would allow me to work from home full time. Today, it finally became a reality.

Today, I packed up the last of my personal items from the room that has been my office for the last 3 1/2 years and brought them home to this:


It's a work in progress, as I haven't put much effort into decorating yet. But that will come with time. I'm just so excited and relieved that for the first time in three years, I get to work in a room with a window!


There are the little things that I'm excited about. Like actually being able to see the summer time thunderstorms rolling in while I work... and watching the beginnings of a blizzard in the winter without having to worry about my extra long drive home in slow traffic. Being able to work in sweat pants and tank tops. Not having the 20 minute commute to and from every day. Brewing my OWN coffee in the morning and using the creamer flavor of MY choice. Having a lunch break to do whatever I please without being stuck far from home -- time for laundry, reading, napping, cleaning, paying bills. Less hectic evenings because I will have time during the day to do these things. Being able to eat healthy lunches made at home. I have big plans this weekend to go out and buy the fixings for sandwiches, yummy yogurts -- and eggs to go along with my fresh cup of coffee every morning. Being only a two-minutes drive from daycare. Putting a little Christmas tree in my office in December. Having a television set up behind my desk so I can listen in on the Today show. I can't tell you the last time I actually got to watch the morning news.

But the most exciting part about this transition is that I am loving my new role already. I'm being kept so busy that the days fly by, and every day is something new. I can't say enough about how proud I am to be a part of the team that I belong to. It's so refreshing to work for a company that treats its employees like family while at the same time expecting a lot out of us. They set their standards high, but they push their employees to be the absolute best we can be. And we laugh a lot together, too. One of my managers said it best yesterday when I was telling him about something coming up that is going to be taking place to help train a new employee. His response to me... "Wow. I just love this company."

It will definitely be a transition working from home full time. But my job involves so much communication with everyone nation wide that I will still have plenty of human contact. And there will still be days where I will need to go into the office in Waterloo for a couple hours here and there for meetings and other things. It will be a great balance. It's amazing looking back on the last few years and seeing how God knew me better than I knew myself. When I first had Jaden, I longed to stay home with him full time, even though that could never be a reality for us. I wished for a life that I couldn't quite have. All the while, God was putting something even better into motion. I will have to work hard. I will have to put in a full week's work. But when my kids get off the school bus every day, their mommy will be at home waiting for them. And while they are away, I will be doing something that fulfills me and challenges me. I believe that I will be a better mom to them because of it. So here's to the next chapter of this crazy life!

...Enough about me. What else have we been up to lately?

Brandon's new obsession is lying on his blanky on the floor while watching a movie. But the blanket has to be PERFECTLY flat. If it gets a wrinkle, we have to fix it until it's smooth again. He's a goof.


He's also decided that he likes to wear his bath towel over his pajamas.




And our poor Jaden looked like this for most of the week:


...The only thing keeping him happy at times was getting to listen to the UNI Fight Song on my phone. ;)


Thankfully, he is feeling much better, and we are now looking forward to a weekend full of park play, grilling -- and some Easter egg decorating!

Happy weekend everyone!