"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

Last night we hosted a last-minute cookout at our house for St. Patty's day. Except it felt a whole lot more like Memorial Day.



My favorite St. Patrick's Day memories are of NCAA tournament sites... green beer... lots of crazy Panther fans... and the freedom to stay out all night long in a big city.

Times have changed a little bit.


...And even though this year didn't include a bar in Oklahoma City or Dayton, Ohio... it did include 80 degrees, good food, amazing family... and some green beer. Or... as close to green as we could get from our back deck.



I had every intention of making some kind of green dessert this year but couldn't convince myself to work inside when the outside temps and my happy boys were persistently calling my name. So we played outside. All. Day. Long.


We let the boys eat as many chips and sweets as their hearts desired. We watched Brandon blow bubbles and shriek with delight for two hours straight. We watched Jaden hit baseballs out of the yard over and over again.




Memories are good, and the ones I have from before I became a wife and a mom will always hold a very special place in my heart. But this year's St. Patty's? Well... I think it has to take the top spot. Because now I have this...



And the unseasonably gorgeous weather was just the pot of gold at the end of our St. Patty's rainbow!





We are sleepy today! A lazy Sunday afternoon, more outside evening fun... and pork chops on the grill tonight. I could get used to this...