"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, April 16, 2012

An Award!

A big thanks to Ashley at Our Life... 'Better Together' for nominating me for my first blog award!



I discovered Ashley's blog by accident - through reading a mutual friend's blog - when I was first getting into the blogging world. Hers quickly became one of my favorites to visit. Ashley is an incredible writer, skilled photographer, devoted wife and mom... and it just so happens that we attend the same church! Small world, getting smaller...

I happily accept her nomination and am ready to pay it forward. Here is how it works:

1. Acknowledge the award on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate five of your favorite up-and-coming blogs by linking to their sites. (Must have less than 200 followers).
3. Accept the award by including five random thoughts about yourself.

Five of my faves are...
1. Hayley at Firefighter's Fam
2. Amanda at it's the little things
3. Katie at The Lee Family Happenings
4. Josie at Letters to Sophia
5. Meghan at Phase Three of Life

Five random things about me...
1. I'm terrified of bees. Not the kind of terrified that most people claim to be when they say they hate bugs. This is a serious fear.
2. Growing up, all my very best friends were boys. It is totally fitting that I am the only female in a house with three boys... a mother to two of them.
3. I like Fall more than Summer and prefer being somewhat cold over being hot.
4. A Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks would probably be my number one choice of beverage, but I feel somewhat guilty ordering it any time after Christmas. (I get giddy when Starbucks releases their seasonal holiday cups every year).
5. I met my husband at the birth of our niece... who was not yet my niece at the time. We got engaged on her first birthday.