"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Call me Soccer Mom!

 Tonight we got a good a clear picture of what our next 18 years as parents will be like.


We rushed through supper. We rushed to put on the necessary gear. We rushed to fill up water bottles and put soccer balls in the car. We rushed to the check-in counter.


 

I watched my first born put on his PURPLE! soccer shirt with pride.

 
 
 

I watched him walk out onto the field without a single hesitation to start warming up with the other kids.

 


I watched him confidently walk up to his coach and ask him his name.
 
 
 

I watched him be the first of his teammates to vocally respond to any question the coach asked the group - even if he didn't actually know the answer.


 
 


I watched him during stretching exercises and noticed that we really need to work on our coordination with our jumping jacks. ;)

 

I watched him do everything on the field that he was asked to do. He may not have been the fastest kid out there, but he might have been having the most fun.

 
 



I watched him be the first to volunteer to be goalie during their scrimmage. That didn't last long, as he got bored watching all the action and wanted to be able to attack the ball, himself!

 
And when the hour was over, he asked me when he would get to do it again.

We are so proud of him. We have watched Jaden grow a lot since starting preschool last fall. He is coming out of his shy little shell, and each new milestone he reaches makes me anxious to soak up every single first for as long as these moments last. This mommy-hood journey is a lot of fun...