"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happiness is...

Not on a quest to find happiness... just on a quest to highlight it.

...a Friday morning visit to Starbucks. My laptop, people-watching and drinking my favorite cup of java while checking off items on my Outlook task list.


...one nice night in between cold and rainy. Shrieks of delight at the park when my toddler gets to the bottom of the slide, throws his arms out to his sides and says "Mommmyyyy!!!"... then runs toward me for a  tackling hug.


...a lunch date with my hubby. 30 minutes of one-on-one time... and Chinese food.

...an awesome new book to add to my Nook collection. So good, I don't want to keep reading it for fear of finishing it all too quickly.

...an approved PTO request... and thoughts of a week-long vacation over the 4th of July. Fireworks, family BBQ-ing, the kids' first trip to Adventureland... and a visit from a lifelong Oklahoma friend...

...a little boy who refused to take his Saturday nap unless he was in Mommy's arms.


...a Scentsy delivery. White Sands, Satin Sheets and Hazelnut Latte...


...a freshly baked batch of Scotcheroos...





...little boys in Panther jammies...



...being able to go to bed on a Sunday night with no dread for the Monday morning to follow... because you enjoy your job that much.

Have a good week everyone!