"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, April 6, 2012

I couldn't have written it better...

Every once in a while, we're given a moment that can't really be put into words.
I'm going to try...

Cody had some work he needed to get done on the company's computer tonight and has been wanting some extra one-on-one time with Jaden lately. So while Jaden ventured off to go help Daddy work and play with their shop kitty, Brandon and I took a trip to the mall because he was feeling a little left out watching Daddy and Jaden leave together...
The timing was perfect. As we were standing in the middle of the mall by the rides, the Easter Bunny was just getting off break and started walking back to her "station" right by where we were standing. A little hesitant at first, Brandon couldn't peel his eyes away...
There weren't any other kids waiting in line, and before I could stop him, Brandon walked right up to the Easter Bunny and started petting her lap and giving her high-fives. I turned to the man behind the counter and asked him how much this was going to cost me. He told me nothing - and that if I wanted to take my own pictures on my phone, he wouldn't charge me for that either...

Like a scene on a Hallmark card, I watched my two-year old fall in love with the "hop hop." He climbed up on the bench, laid his body across her lap, wouldn't talk, wouldn't smile, but perfectly content to be right where he was and stay there. Eventually he sat up, leaned his cheek in and snuggled with the bunny. Again, my sweet boy showed no emotion... but it was written all over his face, how happy and content he was...



A line of people never formed behind us. We could have stayed there longer. But after a while, I felt like I'd taken enough advantage of their time. As I was getting ready to leave, the guy behind the counter was now fully engrossed in the whole scene, as well. He told me I could have their box of Easter chalk at no cost. (I think he was trying to help me distract Brandon. We both thought we were going to have a huge hissy-fit on our hands when it was time to pull him away!) When it was time to leave, Brandon grabbed the bunny's hands, and tried to pull her along with us. I carried him through Von Maur, with little wimpers of "hop hop, hop hop, hop hop" over and over again in my ear...
I don't have high-quality pictures or video from tonight. But I can guarantee that I will never forget my two year old's sweet and innocent love... for the Easter Bunny.