"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Monday, April 30, 2012

A no make-up weekend...

This weekend, we cozied up inside to endure what will hopefully be one of the last cold weekends we experience for a while. The overall theme?


Lazy.

I didn't even apply make-up on Saturday. Instead, I embraced the coziness (smallness) of our house and the fact that we were all in it together. I drove my kids crazy with my camera, drove Cody crazy by asking him to hang more shelves, and picked up our basement play room only to watch it get destroyed again just 10 minutes later. I said goodbye to April with prayers for a better summer than the last... and excitement for what's to come. Because there is always more to come.

...while the boys napped, I sunk into our couch, made a good dent in the book I really don't want to finish... and added to my ever-growing 'pinning' collection...


...while I vegged on the couch sans make-up... Cody installed the new light fixture above me. Our previous one decided to quit working altogether, and my husband doesn't really appreciate mood lighting quite like I do...


...we played a lot this weekend. We built airplanes out of Lego's, watched two Chipmunk movies and learned our numbers on our cash register.




 









...we ate this weekend. Pasta in a Vodka sauce. Lemon Dill Chicken. A pit stop for McDonald's ice cream.



...we attended the annual spring football game. Everyone else watched #17 win the quarterback battle. I watched my kids run up and down the Dome steps a dozen times...


...we cuddled... and laughed... a lot.








"All done, Mommy?!"


 
My view from my desk this week? These beauties thanks to some fabulous co-workers...



Happy Monday!