"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

There's something fishy going on here...

This week we welcomed three new additions to our family.

That's right folks, we got fish.



A trip to Walmart this past Saturday for some flowers ended in disaster when Brandon threw the mother of all screaming fits in the middle of the store because he did NOT want to walk away from looking at the fish in the fish tanks. We left the store... without any flowers. (And without any fish to speak of).

Fast forward 24 hours to nap time on Sunday. Me on the couch. Cody on the computer.
Me: "What are you looking at over there?"
Cody: "I think we should get the boys some fish."


He wasn't kidding.


By the time the boys woke up from naps, Cody had purchased a small one-gallon tank and filled it with three new fish. Surprise!


The boys are loving their new routine of feeding the fish "breakfast" every morning, and we struggle to pull them away to eat their own breakfast as they stand around watching the fish devour theirs. It never ceases to amaze me how the simplest things can bring these kids so much joy.



Brandon: "Eat, fishy! EAT!" (Repeat... repeat... repeat).



I'm finding myself quite taken by them, too and have a new routine of going into the boys' room during the noon hour every day... just to make sure they're all still alive and swimmin'. ;)


We still have yet to name the fish officially... although Jaden did request to name one of them Papa Bob. I'll keep you posted...



{I still don't have my flowers.}