"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Throwin a Party...

...blog style.

I'm kinda hooked on this blogging thing. It's not necessarily just about me and my little family anymore. Not just about jotting down all the memories we create together in order to preserve them on the Internet for all time. It's become an outlet and a way to meet others, learn how they choose to best love their families, become part of a community of women whose main goal in their whole life is to raise their children into happy people. (And find some new recipes, too!)

So I'm entering into my very first blog social, if you will. Ta-Da!

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

...So here's a little about me for all you newbies out there just checking in for the first time.

1. I am an avid UNI Panther fan, football fanatic, basketball lover, former high school cheerleader, married to a former football player.
2. I love to read - mostly Karen Kingsbury and Nora Roberts books - but do allow myself to branch out every so often.
3. I don't cook often (I'm lucky to have married a man who does that for me), but I do love to bake and try new dessert recipes all the time. My favorite meal would include a spicy pasta of some sort. Or something involving lots of onions and peppers.
4. My faith is incredibly important to me, but I'm still working on that more and more every day. I don't think God's finished with me there yet - I think He's only just begun.
5. I would live in sweats if it was allowed. Life is short... spend it comfortable.
6. I LOVE being a mom and am incredibly thankful that God blessed me with the opportunity to be one.
7. I love white lights, candles, my Scentsy pot, Bath & Body Works Wallflowers... and Pinterest.
8. I am blessed to get to work from home full time and enjoy what I do.
9. I'm an only child whose best friend growing up was an only child. We lived across the street from each other. When it was nice outside, I joined him shooting Nerf guns. When it was cold outside, he played Barbies with me in my room. It really was a great childhood, and we will be lifelong friends.
10. I used to be TERRIFIED of needles. When I got pregnant for the first time (and the second time), I was forced to have to get shots of blood thinner in my tummy twice a day for nine months. I'm no longer afraid of needles. Don't tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.
11. I have a tattoo on my ankle and am dying to get one on the other foot. I'm waiting until I know there are no more kids in our future so I can get their initials tattooed.
12. I decided to marry Cody after we had been dating for only two months. (We were engaged after six). When you know, you know.
13. I have been watcing Days of Our Lives since I was in elementary school. Friends is my favorite TV show of all time.






Thanks for visiting, and happy blogging!