"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, May 11, 2012

To my boys...

I have so much to be thankful for this Mother's Day. I have two beautiful children, a wonderful family to raise them up in with awesome grandparents and a tremendous support system. We live in a community that values family, education, faith -- and its parks and recreation system. ;) We have a roof over our heads, food on the table every night... and a great camera to help us capture it all. We are members of a church that strives to instill the love of Jesus into its youngest members... and our kids are active, healthy and happy.

I can still remember my very first baby doll's name. Ashley. I dragged her around with me everywhere. I bought real baby bottles and baby clothes with my allowance money to use for my dolls because the toy clothes and bottles weren't real enough. I have wanted to be a mommy since the day I could walk. Actually, probably since before I could walk since I was a very late bloomer in that department! However, in all my wildest dreams I never could have dreamt up these two kids I've been gifted with. In my eyes... they break the mold!

This Mother's Day weekend, I'm thankful for you two little sunshines. You have taught me so much, challenge me in news way every day... and have brought to life every dream that I had while growing up.

Why I'm so proud that I'm your mommy...

Jaden...


...You are so sweet and sensitive to other people...
...You aren't afraid to show love or ask for love in return...
...You crave hugs and kisses...
...You find so much joy in every little thing...
...You are constantly curious about the world around you and ask lots and lots of questions...
...You have a lot of your mommy in you... slow to try new things... cautious to jump right in... always making sure to be confident in the choice you make before taking the plunge...
...You have blossomed in the last year in how you socially interact with other kids your age, and it's so fun to watch you make friends now...
...You are such a protective and loving and helpful big brother...
...You love your grandparents and being surrounded by our family...
...You have had such a good year at preschool, always listening to your teachers, learning and making friends...
...You have a passion for music... a spark in you that was ignited from day one, and I can't wait to see what you do with that spark...



Brandon...


{Mother's Day, 2010}

 
...Your laugh is so infectious, and you are so stinkin' funny...
...You are mischevious but oh so loving...
...You are learning to talk and communicate more and more every day, and it is so fun waiting to hear what will come out of your mouth next...
...You adore your big brother and want to do everything with him...
...You love your daddy and are always seeking out time to cuddle with him...
...You enjoy working with your hands and could very well take after your daddy in the artistry department...
...You give me the best greetings when I get to daycare at the end of the day, often times with your face pressed against the front screen door as if you know that I will be pulling into the driveway at any second...
...You love animals and the outdoors...
...You give really cute kisses...
...You are adventurous and daring... and though it scares me, I love watching you spread your wings...


Happy Mother's Day, babies. Thanks for being my kiddos.