"When you called me to be a Mama, You didn't ask for perfection. But that with every breath, I'd point them to You."

Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Photo Dump and a Vacation Bucket List!

The upcoming nine days are all mine. Well... I do have to share them with my rambunctious little boys... but I'm okay with that. Because I've got plans...



Last year, I didn't get a summer vacation. I actually tried to take one... but plans got derailed. Oh boy, did they ever. It was actually exactly a year ago now that our plans for a mini-trip to a waterpark got replaced with two weeks in the hospital for Cody, multiple midnight ER visits, a surgery, a severe blood clot and two months of... well... for lack of a better term... hell.

This year, my plans are to soak up the sun, soak up my boys' giggles, soak up a visit from a dear friend and soak up a roller coaster or two.

Summer Vacation, 2012. The Bucket List:

...a post-lunch trip to Scratch!
...take a swim in the Beaver Hills pool!
...visit Cup of Joe and take a walk up Main St.
...try a new park...
...make 4th of July treats, have a cookout, keep the boys up past their bedtimes to watch fireworks...
...put our library card to use...
...the kids' first trip to Adventureland!
...go to the petting zoo...
...eat our lunch on a picnic table...
...go to the beach?!
...spend time with Uncle Casey in Iowa City! Maybe stop at the Iowa Children's Museum?
...visit the bookstore and let the boys pick out some new reading material while I sip on a Starbuck's frappe...
...put our pool pass to The Falls to good use...
...work on our basement paint project?

Have a great week, everyone! I'll be back to update on our progress. :)